cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

If no internet access, how does mobile agent communicate with dynatrace server?

na_li
Inactive

Hi,

If no internet access, how mobile agent works?

I mean is there any way to re-transmit the data when the internet resume?

Maybe cache at mobile phone?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The Mobile Agent only stores data for up to 9 minutes on the device. Data that is older and that couldnt be sent will be discarded.

The only difference are crashes. If you had a crash then we will try to send the data the next time when the app is launched again - even if the time difference was more than 9 minutes

Andi

sgreenshield
Inactive

Hi Andi,

I have another quick question on this topic, as our client is asking. It's re the last sentence of:-

"If you had a crash then we will try to send the data the next time when the app is launched again - even if the time difference was more than 9 minutes"

We need more info because the application we are planning to monitor with dt mobile agent will be able to work in an offline mode. and then once the user is back online its uploads the work. However they are interested in the crashes side. So my question is if the application crashed while offline, and the user relaunched the app (when still offline) what would dynatrace app mon agent do with the crash data?

Would it try to send but can't, so saves it until it can or what?

Hi Stuart,

correcting my comment:

crashes usually get sent on the next app startup, no matter how old they are. But if there is no Wifi available, they will get discarded. We are planning to change this behavior in a future release.

Dominik

sgreenshield
Inactive

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the answer. Good to know.

Stuart