cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impacts on 6.5 AppMon Server with Environment Incidents

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

There are new "Environment Incidents" that the migrated Dynatrace AppMon Server alerted on after migrating from 6.2 -> 6.5.

What are the performance impacts of these server configurations that are alerted on? (ie. dropped purepaths, slow/dropped collector connections, decreased ability to handle report request load...??) I will better be able to justify asking for changes to be made to the AppMon Server VM if I know the impact of these deficiencies.

These include:

• Energy Saving Mode Active
  • VMWare - No CPU MHz reserved
  • VMWare -No Memory Reserved
  • CPU Frequency Insufficient

Thank You,

Eric

6 REPLIES 6

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Not really an answer - but I see from at least one support case that R&D is working on some public documentation for a lot of these new incidents as to their impact so I don't know if what you are requesting is available yet.

If someone does have this information I'd be eager to hear it as well.

James

Hey James,

I thought so too. I think they already have the link out there,
https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

I will post back here once I find out if some of these do impact the health of the new servers if the alerted changes are put in place.

Oh cool, thanks!

From
this ticket, for VMWare - No CPU and Memory Reserved

This means resources given to the VM are not reserved. In other words, this means it is possible for the dynaTrace VM to share memory and/or vCPU cores with another VM. This is not recommended.

For CPU Frequency Insufficient, I'm curious to find out too.

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi All,

I have not yet found out what the impacts of these incidents are, but it is possible to change the power setting to "Performance" from the Windows GUI with admin rights in Control Panel -> Power Options.