cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

In Dynatrace,how can I transform a sting in uppercase in a mesure used as splitting value?

paul_mercier
Newcomer

We defined a mesure by selecting a string of 3 characters in the URI. We use this string as a splitting value for Business Transaction. This string is a system identifier. The problem is that the URIs may be in uppercase or lower case for the system. I want to always transform the 3 characters string in uppercase. Is there a way to do that? Is it with a regex string in the Windows attached to this question? intrasaaqnetsbdudu01mep02picturesmesure.png

3 REPLIES 3

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

That's not possible with the regex engine that we use.

A potential workaround might be to use toUpperCase() as an accessor in a parameter that contains the URI (e.g. if you have an HTTPServletRequest you could make an accessor with .getRequestURI().toUpperCase()) and then use this as your basis for your splitting. Probably a bit extreme, though. Also, performance impact would have to be verified.

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

The only other option I see is that you try lowercase. For lowercase we have a drop down option in the Evaluation selection of your measure. instead of String you can select lowercase string!

It works!. Thank you very much.

Paul