cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Incident Email Notification - Global Default Settings?

peter_araujo
Newcomer

Hello! I'm new to dynaTrace and to this forum!  I have been given some requirements for Incident Email Notifications, and I have some questions about how to best implement those requirements.

I have access to the DT server, and can edit config files by hand if that is required.

Overview and Requirements

Currently I have a dedicated dynaTrace server for my environment, with four System Profiles.

Under each System Profile, I have several incidents defined. Regarding email notifications for incidents, I have been given the following requirements from my stakeholders:

1. All email notifications must be sent to a single email distribution list. This list may change at any time.
  2. All email notifications must have a Subject line of the form: SEVERITY - PROFILE - INCIDENT NAME (Example: "Warning - Profile 1 - Low Memory")

Questions about Requirement 1: I can see how to edit Email Notification settings for each individual Incident. However, since I have several Incidents defined across four different Profiiles, and I expect the number to grow, I want to reduce the number of configuration edits to something manageable. If the email distribution changes in the future, I don't want to have to change every single Incident rule. I have three questions:

• How can I set a default Email Notification recipient that applies to all new Incidents?
  • How can I change the Email Notification recipient in one place on the Server (or in each Profile), and have it apply to all existing Incidents?
  • Alternatively, if each Incident has its own configuration, I can script an automated change to all the config files–is this possible, and if so where are the configs located?

Questions about Requirement 2: Is there a Server-wide or Profile-wide Email Notification template, that I can modify to meet the Subject Line requirement globally? If so, are there any how-to's or tutorials that demonstrate how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Pete 

1 REPLY 1

antong2
Inactive

Hi there

I think the Extended Email Plugin can do all you require.  Find it here

Anton