cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident based on MQ dynamically generated Measure

ajit_kunjir1
Inactive

Hi All,

I want to create incident based on MQ dynamically generated measure. parent measure name is CURRENT_Q_DEPTH and there are few dynamically generated measures there( if split by Queue name).

is it possible to use dynamically generated measure to create incident?

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

It sounds like you're using the MQ community plugin correct? Yes for those monitors that return dynamic measures you can create incidents off of them and any of the dynamic splittings will trigger an incident if they are in violation of your thresholds.

I've done something that sounds exactly like what you're describing with the Queue depths.

James

ajit_kunjir1
Inactive

Yes. I'm using MQ community plugin.

Please see attached Screenshot. i want to create incident for SEND.ERROR and RECEIVE.ERROR but both are not available under MQ Monitor Plugin measures.

Kindly help.

Not sure what you mean as the photograph looks like the queues you mention are showing up there. In the incident you add the CURRENT_Q_DEPTH measure as the measure and any queues that are included in your monitor will be evaluated. You can use the queue filter field in the config if you only want to check certain queues.

Example from something we have below.

ajit_kunjir1
Inactive

Thank you James k.