Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident rule email notification with only URI path

stephane_blandi
Newcomer

Hi,

I have two questions:

1 - Is it possible to create a new measure "Failed Transaction Count" with specific thresholds ?

2 - Is it possible to create a new incident rule which send an email with in the body only the URI path of the failed transactions ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Stephane,
By default for any Business transaction there is a measure created for failed transaction count. That particular measure can then be set to any threshold you see fit. This isnt recommended for the "Built in" Business transacations, but this can be circumvented by copying that built in Business Transaction and creating a copy which then you can set a threshold without impacting the orginal built in Buisness transaction.

stephane_blandi
Newcomer

@Nathan M.

Thanks for your response. Have you an idea for the second question ?

Regards

I would try for that same business transaction i mentioned earlier to add to the RESULTS table in the business transaction configuration a custom Web Requests- URI pattern Value measure. Within that measure configure the REGEX to match the uri pattern you see fit for this case. I would then try to fire off a test alert with these rules to see if the email included has all the information you need. Hope this helps.

john_liebal
Helper

Hi Stephane,

For the second part of your question, you can create custom emails for incident alerts with the Extended Email Action Plugin. I think that the VIOLATED_MEASURE_NAME variable should work in your case. More information on that is here:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

stephane_blandi
Newcomer

@John L.

Thanks for your answer i'll try this.