cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident with Extended Email Plugin not sending the alert to configured email id though the thresholds were met . Could you please look at the image and let me know if I miss something.

parveen_shaik
Inactive

9 REPLIES 9

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The first question I would ask is whether you see an Incident in Dynatrace. The Email will only trigger if there really was an incident open. Can you open the Incidents Dashlet and validate that the incident that you expect is really there. If it is there and NO email was sent then I would open the Dynatrace Server Log file to see whether there was an error while sending the email

andi

Thanks Andi. I have looked at Extended email plugin, I am seeing the below log. Could you please help me on this
[MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] setConfiguration method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[EMAIL_TEST_GROUPS_PS]': Local address contains illegal character

I have also tried to give my email id for example "parveen.shaik@abc.com" but still I can see below log :
[MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] parseEmails method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[Incident Email Group]': Local address contains illegal character
2017-07-04 06:50:48 SEVERE [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] setConfiguration method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[Incident Email Group]': Local address contains illegal character

parveen_shaik
Inactive

Thanks Andi. I have looked at Extended email plugin, I am seeing the below log. Could you please help me on this
[MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] setConfiguration method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[EMAIL_TEST_GROUPS_PS]': Local address contains illegal character

I have also tried to give my email id for example "parveen.shaik@abc.com" but still I can see below log :
[MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] parseEmails method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[Incident Email Group]': Local address contains illegal character 2017-07-04 06:50:48 SEVERE [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] setConfiguration method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[Incident Email Group]': Local address contains illegal character

parveen_shaik
Inactive

[MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] parseEmails method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[Incident Email Group]': Local address contains illegal character 2017-07-04 06:50:48 SEVERE [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] setConfiguration method: The following e-mail address is incorrect 'group[Incident Email Group]': Local address contains illegal character

based on the screenshot above you have specified "group[EMAIL_TEST_GROUPS_PS]" for TO, CC and BCC. Make sure that you are defining a VALID email for all these fields and try again

parveen_shaik
Inactive

Hi Andi,

I have removed the default incident email group from CC and BCC and now I'am seeing below message in log file.

2017-07-06 08:10:28 WARNING [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] execute method: Incident(s) were raised but notification e-mail was not sent.
2017-07-06 08:10:28 WARNING [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] Entering logIncidents method

I have not received the alert to my email id.
And also one more concern, in the documentation of this extended email plugin its mentioned that user id and Password is optional. I received an error when I did not gave user id and password.

Could you please help me on this.

parveen_shaik
Inactive

Could anyone please provide your inputs to proceed further with using Extended Email Plugin

Hi Parveen,

Can you post the full snapshot of the Extended Email Configuration? Also, have you tried shooting a sample mail from Dynatrace Settings > Dynatrace Server > Services > Email Tab > Send Verification Email to see if the SMTP parameters are well in position.

Also, note that the the Email is generated in the ExtendedEmailPlugin if the name of your incident is correctly put in the "Incident Rule Name". Which is same as the name of incident.

Regards, Rajesh

parveen_shaik
Inactive

Hi Rajesh,

SMTP parameters are set correctly and we have been using Dynatrace from past 4 years in our organization.

Now coming to ExtendedEmailPlugin, this is not yet used in my organization. I have tried giving the Incident Rule Name same as the name of the incident. The error is as listed below.

WARNING [MailExecutor@com.dynatrace.diagnostics.plugins.extendedmailreport.action] execute method: Incident(s) were raised but notification e-mail was not sent.

Could you please provide your inputs on this.