cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Increasing the number of characters showing up for a particular PurePath?

ali_fetouni
Contributor

Hello!
Does anyone know how to increase the number of characters that are displayed for PurePaths?

I have supplied a picture that illustrate what I mean. In the picture one can see that the PP is truncated i.e [...Visa Debit (brak..."]. Can one increase the number of characters that are displayed? If yes, where does one find the setting?

Many thanks?

Ali

12 REPLIES 12

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

If you right click on it and go to details is it still shortened?

trevor_masseng1
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

You could try increasing the string capture length.

You can do this by editing the System Profile of interest, select the Agent Group that this PurePath belongs to, and the setting will be under sensor configuration.

Let me know if that works for you, it's the only thing I can think of that might.

ali_fetouni
Contributor

The details show the same thing, unfortunately.

Furthermore I have changed the sensor configuration (doubled the default 250 characters) for the specific agent group, but the user actions still get truncated at the same position.

Perhaps this is set in one of the XML-files, somewhere?

There may be, I would not know where it is though.

I would suggest opening a support ticket if you can't get a solution from here in a timely manner, there may be another another way.

Note: I would suggest undoing the change I suggested since it did not help.

david_n
Inactive

Hello Ali,

When you go into the properties for the java web requests (System profile -> agent group -> sensor configuration -> java web requests properties) what is the value for the captured queries that you have set. Does it match the default: 32767? That could be the issue.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

ali_fetouni
Contributor

David, Trever and Shane,
Thank you for your answers!

I have checked and altered the suggested configuration options, but no success so far. Perhaps a ticket to the support team is in order.

Best regards
-Ali

Hello Ali,

Please post the ticket number here or the resolution once it is found so that we can see it as well. I am interested in what metric controls the name length of the PurePath.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

I would also be interested, I wasn't aware there was a limit before this.

tito_mitra
Newcomer

Is there any solution to this issue ? I am also facing the same problem.

Open DEBUG mode on the client (CTRL + SHIFT + F9), go into User Experience settings for the system profile, go to the configured application settings and find and click the "Configure advanced events..." button. There is a setting in the dialog "Max length of action names"

Always be sure to leave debug mode after making any changes.

Note that this should only effect web UEM - not mobile which has a separate limit that can't be increased past a max to prevent over use of end user's data.

Found in ticket: SUPDT-29721 for reference. Just searched for user action name limit.

tito_mitra
Newcomer

Thanks and lot for that clarification James. Much appreciated!