Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information seen in visits

francois_x_vall
Participant

Hello,

We have dynaTrace 6.5.

Is it possible to hide some information for a visit? We are a banking company and we would like to use UEM, but unfortunately, we see too much details such as account numbers, how much is paid for a bill, etc...

Is there a way to hide some information? We already set the confidential string for UEM and it does not seem to make a difference.

Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I don't have an answer at the moment, but for clarification are you seeing these values in the names of user actions or somewhere else such as in web requests themselves?

joshua_raymond
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hey Francois, I would recommend looking into the AppMon permissions and setting permissions for certain users to hide the information. Additionally, you can simply not collect the information all together through various configuration items (such as sensor configurations, argument captures, etc.). Check out the below:

For excluding data, please check out the above two configuration items. For simply blocking users from viewing data, please check out the AppMon permissions.

francois_x_vall
Participant

Hi Joshua,

The AppMon permissions does not apply to UEM except for the Visit Tag in confidential strings, no? In our case, we see the names of user actions which contained sensitive data.

Regards

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hey Francois,

In the system profile settings there is a 'data privacy' section and in there is the option to mask user action names, can you try turning this on and see if this resolves the issue?

James

francois_x_vall
Participant

Hi James,

I will try that to see if it makes a difference.

Regards