cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Infrastructure -> Database out of the box alerts not clear

bhalsey
Inactive

We are receiving alerts on both "Database Agent Connection Issue" and "Database Version Unsupported By Database Agent" under the default Infrastructure profile. The odd thing is these alerts seem to resolve themselves but repeat randomly throughout the day. Our database team is unable to pinpoint any issues based on data we provide and I am unable to drill into much details from Dynatrace.

Connection Issue says this in details;

Database Agent Db-Agent1@cexa-scan:1 failed to connect to database. Reason: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12516, TNS:listener could not find available handler with matching protocol stack

And Unsupported database version says this in details;

Database Agent Db-Agent1@cexa-scan:1 is configured to connect to unsupported database version

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Brent,

I guess the necessary permissions for DB monitoring granted to the user that is used to connect to the DB instance.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

In case if you have Oracle RAC 12c leaf nodes

• With Oracle Database with Real Application Clusters (RAC) 12c, new type of base platform was introduced: Oracle Flex Clusters. It contains two types of nodes: Hub Nodes and Leaf Nodes. AppMon is able to monitor only nodes, where actual database instance is running - and it can run only on Hub nodes. Because of that, monitoring Leaf nodes with Database Agent is not possible. However, Host Agent can be installed on machine, in order to collect data like memory & CPU usage and more.

The following page describes various techniques for troubleshooting.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

bhalsey
Inactive

Thanks Babar- after reviewing this closer, I think part of the issue may have been our initial configuration was just using Oracle driver and we have Oracle RAC. I have rebuilt the Database agent with Oracle RAC client and let it autodiscover. I'll let it run for a little bit to see if this helps.