cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Agent in wcf, ws without .net process

alex2
Guide

Hi folks,

I have an agent installed .net and the agent Configurator I've added various web applications. And work me correctly. But when I want to install the agent in wcf services and asmx who do not have processes .net running this is not possible, I tried to do it from the browser, but without success. How do I achieve to install an agent there?

I attach and image. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Alexander,

If the System under Diagnosis is started as a service and you don´t have the opportunity to inject the Diagnostics Agent via a configuration file, you have to follow the steps described below for Java 1.4 or Java 1.5 or higher:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Christoph_Neum
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Do I understand your question correctly, you want to configure a .NET Agent to be injected into a process, which you cannot start at the time you want to configure them?

You can do that. You just need to know the executable and the command line of the application you want to monitor. Just use the Agent Configuration Tool, select "Browse File System", enter the path of your executable, click next and enter the command line to differentiate (if necessary).

In the case of IIS, this would be

Executable name: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Command Line: -ap "<you-iis-application-pool-name>"

HTH