cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing a license file

praveena_patha1
Organizer

Hi Team,

Can you please tell us how to install a license file with detailed steps?

Thanks

Praveena

14 REPLIES 14

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Praveena,

Check all the ways to active and deactivate the license from the following link:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar. We want to know the steps for UEM license file installation. I have gone through that link but could not find in detailed manner.

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Praveena,

Go to the server settings > license then click on Add Volume and provide the credentials. Below is the example of different APM Versions.

DynaTrace APM 6.2 version

DynaTrace APM 6.3+ version

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar. We have already one license installed and having some remaining UEM volume still. Now we have got another license key that needs to be installed. So, now as you said if we just add the volume will the new license volume gets added to the old volume or else what we have to do in that case?

When we add the volume we have to provide there .vol file but we have now .key file. With that how can we install the new license?

Hello Praveena,

Volume license always bind with the license number.

If you have received the new license key which is different than your installed license number then first you install this new license and then add the new volume which should be created for the new license.

If you received a new volume file for the existing license then just add the volume with the manual way and below is an example.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar.

1)The licence number of installed and the new one was different. So in this case as you told first we have to install the new licence key and then we have to add the volume created for new license. For doing this both can you please provide me the detailed steps as I am new in doing this. I couldn't understand from the links you have pasted earlier.

2) what about the old licence remaining volume? Can't we add that to the new license?

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Praveena,

Old UEM volume is different than your new license file, therefore, we can not aggregate with the new UEM volume.

Deactivate the Old License First

1. In the Client, access the License pane of the Server Settings dialog box from either the Start Center > Administration pane or from the Client menu (choose Settings > Dynatrace Server, and then click License).
    2. Click Deactivate. The License Deactivation page appears.
    3. Select Deactivate current license manually, and then click Finish. The license is now deactivated on the Server, however, there is a 1 or 3 day grace period depending on the license type.
    4. On the Summary page, click the Show Details link, and then manually copy and save the license number, activation key, and deactivation key.
    5. Expand the license information for the license that matches the number you copied in step 4, and then click Deactivate.
    6. Enter the activation key and deactivation key, and then click Deactivate. An email is sent to the account owners.
    7. Click Finish and Close to complete the deactivation process.
    Deactivate the Old Volume First

1. Access the License pane of the Server Settings dialog box from either the Start Center > Administration pane or from the Client menu (choose Settings > Dynatrace Server, and then click License).
    2. Click the Deactivate Volume button. The Deactivate current volume wizard appears.
    3. Select Deactivate current volume online, and then click Finish to close the wizard.
    Activate the New License

1. In the Client, access the License pane of the Server Settings dialog box from either the Start Center > Administration pane or from the Client menu choosing Settings > Dynatrace Server, and then clicking License.
    2. Click Import. The Select location of a license page appears.
    3. Select Import license from a file, and then browse and select the unactivated license key file with the file name: dynaTrace_license_20yymmddnnnn.key. The purpose of the unactivated file is to generate an activation key, which uniquely identifies the Server machine with the license. Click Next.
    4. On the Activate License page, select Activate license manually, and then click Next.
    5. On the Summary page, click the Show Details link, and then manually copy and save the license number and the generated activation key.
    Add the the New Volume
    1. Access the License pane of the Server Settings dialog box from either the Start Center > Administration pane or from the Client menu (choose Settings > Dynatrace Server, and then click License).
    2. Click the Add Volume button. The Add UEM Volume wizard appears.
    3. On the Select location of volume page, select Retrieve license online, type your Dynatrace Community account user name and password, and then click Next.
    4. On the Available volume vouchers page, select the desired UEM visits volume in the table, and then click Finish

Regards,

Babar

Thanks a lot Babar. And if I have any query while doing this I will contact you again.

No Issues. You can ask any time.

Hi Babar,

Do we need to restart server if we install new license?

No. You don't need to restart the server.

surajkumar_pand
    Newcomer

Hi, My current licence got expired and I got new licence file. I tried to follow above steps but I am not seeing any button in the Dynatrace managed server console--> licence tab. I have attached the screen shot. Could you please guide me how to update the licence file.

In Dynatrace managed licence is not file based, you have license key you can always change. License should be updated automatically from Mission Control. Does your managed installation have access to it?

This topic is related to Appmon it is different product.

Sebastian

Dynatrace Managed has a completely different license model. Licenses are authenticated and managed by Dynatrace Mission Control directly by DT employees.

R.