cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Installing and Configuration over 25 Java agents with similar setup

mark_medley
Organizer

We are currently on DT 6.0 and we are about deploy 25 new servers for our application. I know how to install DT and Configure the agent individually, but I wonder beside the silent install that we can configure the Agents to be similar. Meaning, having similar names, DT Server location, and Port.  I think my Ops team can make sure that the DT agent gets installed in the directory and setup the same way, but I didn't see the documentation a way of setting up the configuration for Java using commands. 

This information might already be out there, just needed to be pointed in the right direction. 

1 REPLY 1

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Mark

I am sure your Ops team leverages some automated deployment tools. Dynatrace agents are a perfect candidate for automation. You can also find other forum posts on the community that talk about large scale agent deployments. there is also a nice recent blog post from martin.etmajer@dynatrace.com on Deployment Automation of dynatrace using Ansible: http://apmblog.dynatrace.com/2015/03/04/how-to-automate-enterprise-application-monitoring-with-ansib...

Hope this helps