cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration on dynaTrace with radView's WebLOAD

manohara_ks
Contributor

Hi Team,

I am in process of integrating dynaTrace with webload, I was informed to include the dynaTrace request header to the webload scripts, I tried with the below scripts, but it did not work, Could you please help me if I am wrong here.

BeginTransaction("App_Lanch")

wlHttp.Header["dynaTrace: NA"]="App_Lanch"

wlHttp.Get("http:// App-ccWebservice")

//dynaTrace: NA= App_Lanch

EndTransaction("App_Lanch",WLSuccess)

Thanks,

ManoharaKS

12 REPLIES 12

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi

I am not an expert in WebLoad - but - I think you need to do the following:

wlHttp.Header["X-dynaTrace"] = "NA=App_Launch"

The header name is called "X-dynaTrace" and name/value pairs like NA, ID, PC, VU, ... are exected to be part of the header value and not the name. Here is an additional example:

wlHttp.Header["X-dynaTrace"] = "NA=Login;VU=User1"

Andi

Hi Andi,

Thank you very much Now we are able to see the synthetic request in transaction flow page, but we are not able to see the same in Tagged web requests page Any reason for this? are we missing something here?

Thanks,

Manohara.KS

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Does this mean you see the "Synthetic" icon in Transaction Flow but you are not seeing anything in Tagged Web Requests? If that is the case the most likely explanation is that the value you pass on this HTTP Parameter is wrong. Can you send me a sample HTTP Request with the dynaTrace HTTP Header?

Hi Andi,

Yes, we are able to see the "Synthetic" icon in Transaction Flow

Below is the sample:

BeginTransaction("scx_launch")
wlHttp.Header["X-dynaTrace"] = "NA=scx_launch;VU=User1"
wlHttp.Get("http://x.x.x.x/scx/")
EndTransaction("scx_launch",WLSuccess)

Thanks,

ManoharaKS

looks correct. can you export a couple of puerpaths and send it over?

Hi Andi,

Can I have your email id to send the reports

Thanks,

Manohara.KS

I am sending you an email

Manohara,

Were you successful in your work to integrate Webload?  If so, do you have any additional comments on how you did it?

Hi Timothy,

Yes, we were sucessful in integrating WebLOAD, below is the header example to be added in the scripts is for your refrence.

wlHttp.Header["X-dynaTrace"] = "NA= App_Lanch "

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Manohara.KS

Thank you.  That is very helpful!

Tim

Hi @Andreas G.

Hi, I am not able to find documentation for Webload and Dynatrace integration. Planning to create a Request attribute to track load test transactions as "WebLoadTagging". Please let me know if I can suggest the following to the Performance testing team to include in load testing scripts?

BeginTransaction("StepName") wlHttp.Header["x-dynatrace-test"] = "TSN=StepName"
wlHttp.....
EndTransactiob("StepName",WLSuccess)

This is what I am planning to create as a Request attribute

@Suresh Kumar K. Thank you for your comment. However, the original question is referring to the AppMon product (that was called dynatrace back then) and not to the SaaS/Managed product that is now called Dynatrace.