cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible Incident Rules?

thomas_russell1
Participant

When off-boarding users, I grep through the system profiles on disk to make sure they did not end up in any of the alert email configurations. I found one user who is in the recipient list for incidents in a single system profile, but I can't find the config in the GUI. These incidents have attribute 'visible="false" ' in the xml. How do I take this user out? I'm assuming these are built-in incident rules? The IDs are:

"Host CPU Unhealthy", "Host Network Unhealthy","Host Disk Unhealthy","Host Memory Unhealthy","Process Threshold Violation"

Aren't these type of incidents usually configured in the server config, not the system profile?

3 REPLIES 3

thomas_russell1
Participant

To answer my own question - I was able to access those incidents by going into Debug mode (crtl-shift-F9}.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Tom,

Have you considered sending alerts to groups instead of individual users so you have less cleanup to do when someone leaves? Or you could send to the dynatrace user rather than an email address. That way, just delete the user from AppMon, and no more alerts...

HTH,

dave

thomas_russell1
Participant

That would work, if I was the only one setting up alerts. I'm not sure who set these up - guess I'll have to check who checked that piece of config into the Dynatrace repository... if only we had one.

Tom