cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possble to filter purepaths by location(City) not Region?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

I want to create BTs to filter transactions/purepaths by Locations(City). How can i do it because whenever i try to split the BT by locations i only get the Regions not the city and this happens when i select "Server-side-Purepath" in the BT. The Customer wants to know exactly where that purepath incident happened. Please experts help

Br,

Chris

8 REPLIES 8

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Chris,

Open the 'Country of Visits' measure and enable the 'Cities' for the required countries.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Barbar for your kind support,

Yes i tried to use that but it did not work. May be it works when you have selected either "User Action" or "Visits" but not "Server-side Purepath" because whenever i select

"Server-side Purepath", that Measure disappears as the snapshot below

snapshot.jpg

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

We can have only 'Web Requests' Geo Information for the 'Server Side Performance'.

Regards,

Babar

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks Barba,

Yes we have "web Requests" but i do not see that field for "Cities enabled for:" as below

snapshot.jpg

This means for "web Requests" we cannot see the Cities?

Br,

Chris

Hello Chris,

Yes. It seems that Geo Information granularity is available only for the UEM.

Regards,

Babar

christopher_teb
Organizer

Ok thanks Babar

Br,

Chris

Welcome Chris !!!

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Chris, You're right, the cities data comes from the visit, so if you don't have visit data, (ie: no UEM), then that city data isn't available. But is it possible the city string is available on the serverside of your architecture somewhere? perhaps in a Session Variable, Request parameter, etc? If so, you could capture it and then split your BT on that value.

Good luck

joe