cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to increase the number of Tiles more than 16 on the WEB dashboard?

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

Dynatrace limits me to 16 number of Tiles i should put on the WEB dashboard. Can it be increased to more than 16? If possible then how? Experts you can help me on that.

Br,

Chris

16 REPLIES 16

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

No, however the limit is increasing in the next realease: Dynatrace AppMon 7

Thanks Shane,

When is the next release?

Next release is on May 2017.

thorsten_roth
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

See https://answers.dynatrace.com/questions/172865/web...

This is currently only in 7.0 (GA May 2017) feasible. But we are planning to backport this to 6.5.x

Thorsten

Thanks a lot for that release dear experts. am still on 6.3 but i would like to upgrade to 6.5, wont it affect my "System Profiles" etc at the server? If not how to deal with it?

Why is the "Failed ......" measure is measured in "Sum" aggregate only?

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood your concern. What do you mean with affect on your profile? The debug flag?

Regarding the measure: Can you share more details? Screenshot?

Zach_Jacobs
Participant

You may find it useful to have an "External Content" tile where you can put a URL (ie. for another dashboard with tiles) and maybe create a primary dashboard. The primary dashboard would have several EC tiles pulling in data from other dashboards. The only issue is the tool bars are duplicated, but you can still drill into the individual charts/tiles from the primary. Each tile can then have its own system profile set as seen below.

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks Zach,

But i use 6.3 Dynatrace, is it there? If so, where can i find it?

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Chris,

Its available in dynaTrace 6.3.

Create a web dashboard say "Test1" and add the dashlets which you required - 16 Tiles max and click on the More action button(...) in the top right corner of the dashboard and click on share to get the URL of the " test1" dashboard.

Create a web dashboard say "Test2" and add the dashlets which you required - 16 Tiles max and click on the More action button(...) in the top right corner of the dashboard and click on share to get the URL of the " test2" dashboard.

Refer the below link to fetch the URL of the dashboards which has to be added in the "Primary" dashboard, by appending username and password at the end of web dashboard URL to open in "Primary" web dashboard by disabling the login of "test1' and "Test2"

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Now create "Primary" new web dashboard - > add tile type as IFrame-> Give the URL of the "test1' web dashboard in "Show details view" and add another tile " IFrame" - > add " Test2" web dashboard URL

Now in the "Primary" dashboard we can have 2 tile which shows 32 tiles together. The only issue is tool bars are duplicated.

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

christopher_teb
Organizer

Thanks very much Soorya,

Please kindly help with snapshots for my clear understanding guidance

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi Chris,

Attached the steps with snapchat..Hope it helps!!

dynatrace-web-dashboard-step.docx

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi Soorya,

Thanks for your support and i appreciate.

I put the URL as you guided me but the Tile is still blank. What did i miss or did wrong? Below is the snapshot.

snapshot.jpg

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Copy and paste the URL in browser and verify is that URL opens(web dashboard), if opens use the same in EC tile and click on Done . Hope this will helps!!

BR

Soorya Mohan

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi Soorya,

I did the same as you guided but still does not work!!

Hi,

Any volunteer for the above request??

christopher_teb
Organizer

Hi,

Are you there?