cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to suspend the monitor on one server and at the same time resume it on another server automatically

ujjawal_k_kumar
Newcomer

We have 2 different servers where we have enabled Monitors for a application on both these devices. But the condition is, at a time monitor should be running from only one place. As of today, we are manually suspending the monitor on one if any issue occurs on that device and resuming the same on another and vice-versa. Since this is a manual task that we are performing as of today, so my question is, is there any possibility we can make this as an automated process once it sees the server is having any issues.

Thank You !

8 REPLIES 8

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey @Nishant R., were you able to figure out anything like this?

Hi @Brett B. no I didnt. I tried REST. I tried active configuration and using REST to activate the configuration but that pertains to tier settings more than monitor enablement and disable.... 😞 any ideas?

No, I'm not sure yet either 😕

ujjawal_k_kumar
Newcomer

Hey Brett, it's little urgent and it would be of great help, if you can please provide any solution on the same and let me know if it can be doable. If so, what will be the best approach to proceed further on the same to get it done.

Hey @Andreas G., I've seen a couple posts similar to this but no answers. Have you seen any workarounds?

ujjawal_k_kumar
Newcomer

Any help will be appreciated on this query ?

brett_b2
Inactive

Hey Ujjwal,

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible right now. There isn't a REST call to start/stop a monitor. I've raised an RFE for that functionality. Feel free to upvote it
here.

Hi Brett,

Could you please let me know if this is still an open RFE? I want to vote it up, but for some reason when I click on the link for upvote I get a not authorized to view. I'm logged in so don't know why I cannot get to it.

Thank you,

Cathy Wentworth