cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is it possible to switch multiple Dashlet at the same time?

Hi,

for monitoring I would like to have a Dashboard that allows to switch between multiple pages

1st page overview, 2nd mem, 3rd db. This would allow to select filter criteria (like Agents and Timeframe) only once.

I would like to have a button (or something similar to the TABs) to switch between the main pages. Currently I have a Dashlet per series and several Dashlets on a page, but I can only switch row-wise. For instance if I use the TAB header in the second row I can switch 2nd row to Series 5 (see below) but the other Dashlets remain unchanged. I depicted below what I would like to achieve.

Initial View (page 1)

Series 1 Agent 1Series 1 Agent 2Series 1 Agent 3
Series 2 Agent 1Series 2 Agent 2Series 2 Agent 3
Series 3 Agent 1Series 3 Agent 2Series 3 Agent 3

Switch to page 2

Series 4 Agent 1Series 4 Agent 2Series 4 Agent 3
Series 5 Agent 1Series 5 Agent 2Series 5 Agent 3
Series 6 Agent 1Series 6 Agent 2Series 6 Agent 3

Is that possible? Is there a manual - I could not find anything, maybe I do not know the correct search terms.

Thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Michael, this is not currently possible, however much of what you are describing could be acomplished by having dashboard 1 linked to dashboard 2. This would let you right click on a dashboard and drill down into a second one. You can find more about linking dashboards here.

Thank you Shane - although it is not the one perfect solution, it works well with respect of sharing the time filter. Seems like agent filter is not propagated

Kodai_Ishikawa
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Michael,

To add to Shane's response above, here is example of how I implemented something very similar to what you are trying to achieve for a client.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

If you take a look under 'Usage' for the Weblogic Monitoring Plugin link above, you can see how you can create a hierarchy of drilldowns with the Dashboard Links. Setting the filters on each of the drilldown dashboards in advance would allow you to view the corresponding information.

Regards,

Kodai