cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is it possible to use the node details thread name as a business transaction splitting criteria? Ideally applying a regex on the threadname value.

kgosein
Inactive

I would like to create a business transaction split by thread name (which is shown in the Node Details associated with the method name used in the main filter). Is this possible? In addition, I would like to apply a regular expression to the thread name value to create a meaningful splitting. eg. T1-Sales Processing <1749461657> <1749461657> thread name value would need to be transformed to "Sales Processing" (I already have a regex for this purpose).

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Unfortunatly this is not possible in the moment as we do not have a measure that extracts the Thread Name

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

While Dynatrace does not provide this measure directly, you could extract it yourself with a small bit of code change to your app. Simply capture the threadname from the point in the code that is convenient using doNothing(Thread.currentThread().getName(),this.getName())));

Then instrument the doNothing(string) method and capture the string parameter. Threadname is yours and can now be used as a splitter of a BT.