cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a measure for counting the number corrupted user action purepaths?

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

We are seeing thousands of corrupted user action PP's each day which we know are due to issues with our Javascript ADK implementation (wrong start/end timestamps) and we are receiving permanent "Corrupted Purepaths" incidents.

To help us better track down the root cause and the potential effect of any attempts to fix this we would like to track/chart the number of corrupted user action PP's over time for our application(s). However, I've been unable to find such a measure, neither in the "Dynatrace Self-Monitoring" nor in the application's system profiles.

We currently use both AppMon 6.5 (Prod) and 7.1 (Pre-Prod).

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Enrico,

PurePaths marked as corrupted are not used for other analysis views than the PurePath view. Corrupted PurePaths are not analyzed at all: they do not provide any measurements or incidents.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appli...

Regards,

Babar

Well, apparently they are analyzed internally to trigger the "Corrupted Purepath" incident where their count is even reported up to 1000. That's why I hoped there would be a way to "tap" into this internal measure somehow...

But okay - RFE is on it's way.... 🙂

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I've seen there is a measure "RTA - Skipped Non-Analyzed PurePaths" in the self-monitoring system profile. Does anybody know if this counts corrupted PP's?

Hello Enrico,

RTA - Skipped Non-Analyzed PurePaths: Purepaths that were not processed by the real-time analyzer. Complete PurePaths are processed by the real-time analyzer, but under certain circumstances (high load, low PurePath buffer size), completed PurePaths might fall out of its queue before they were analyzed.

Have a look on the below post.

https://answers.dynatrace.com/spaces/148/uem-open-q-a_2/questions/164605/skipped-non-analysed-purepaths-1.html

Regards,

Babar

Enrico_F
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro