cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a minimum dashlet size?

gary_spencer
Inactive

Hi Community,

We recently updated our AppMon Servers and Clients to the latest fixpack. After updating - it looks like there is a minimum size being enforced on dashlets in our dashboards that is effecting the presentation. Some dashlets we would use to divide the design on our command centre screens (dashlet just with images, or just setting a background colour. In attempting to fix these dashlets and make them smaller I see this is not possible (I can't really show you this, but when you drag up the X-axis of the dashlet you used to be able to collapse up to the title, effectively, just a title is then left on the dashboard).

I have attached screenshots showing before and after. It is also the case that if I choose to display no headers on the post updated dashboard, that this is the only way to display the image dashlet, showing with headers means the image dashlet cannot be used.

This is certainly a strange case and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hey Gary,

What version/fixpack did you upgrade from? I remember a while back one of the updates muddled some of our dashboards and it sounds similar to what we exeperienced - unfortunately I just modified the dashboards rather ran finding a resolution.

James

Hi James, we went to 6.2.17 from 6.2.9. I did try to modify the dashboards but sadly I have the case whereby I can't make the dashlets smaller. Thanks for your help, James - at least it is something that is out there

butzowj
Guide

Hi Gary!

In my experience there is no minimum dashlet size in any version of dynaTrace that I have used (from 4.1 to 6.5), although we skipped version 6.2 to go with 6.3 instead..

If you can, try to create a new dashboard(s) with tiny dashlets and see if it works. If it does, I'm sorry to say the upgrade may have impacted your dashboard, and you may be better of just tweaking it manually.

If it doesn't let you create tiny dashlets, that sounds like something you would have to work through with technical support, as I don't believe that would be expected behavior.

Thanks,

JB

Hi Joel, I have just tried this and sadly even in new dashboards there seems to be some minimum size imposed. I will open a ticket. Thank you for sharing your knowledge 🙂

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Gary, I don't know of anything that would cause this. I think you should open a support case.

Thanks, Shane. Yes I think I will do.

Hi Gary,

A minimum dashlet size of 100px was introduced during 6.2 because of support cases (SUPDT-15168). The behavior was changed in 6.5 in a way that the min size is only enforced when needed (in case of high dpi screens or when scrolling of dashlets is activated. In the upcoming version (7.0), you can configure the min-size according to your needs.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply. I have opened case SUPDT-27079. For text dashlets we were able to overcome this being imposed by setting "Adjust to Font Size" as "Dashlet Height" in "Size" tab of "Dashlet Properties" dialog. For image dashlets, a defect case is open JLT-169686.

Nice to hear of the enhancements in 6.5 and 7.0, this is good news.