cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way for not loading UEM javascript in iframes?

sasenjomar
Newcomer

We're experiencing a configuration problem with our proxy which is interfering with UEM (it's a proxy issue happening only when we load pages inside iframes). While we solve the problem, we'd like to inhibit UEM injection in pages loaded inside iframes.

Is there a way for doing that without listing all those pages as exclusions?

4 REPLIES 4

gabriel_casella
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Sergio,

Inside the System Profile, go to the Agent(s) Group(s) that you have the User Experience active and (under Sensor Configuration) change its Properties.
Then you can specify the URLs that you would not like to inject the UEM.

Take a look at my screenshot as an example:

Thanks Gabriel for your answer.

I think the problem is tricky for usual handling. Many of the iframe-loaded pages are used too as regular pages (I mean not loaded by an iframe) and they work fine in those cases. So the point is to find a way to detect if the page is loaded inside an iframe or not before injecting JavaScript. Probably this is beyond appmon capabilities.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Sergio, Other than the technique mentioned by Gabriel, two other ideas come to mind:

1) Simply don't do automatic injection, but instead do manual injection of the .js reference. That way you have complete control and only get the agent where you want. I suspect this isn't worth the trouble, for only a temporary problem, but depending on how long/complex your fix will take, this is an option.

2) Using the same technique mentioned by Gabriel, but rather than restricting by URL, define by HTML pattern where to put the agent .js file reference in the HTML. This might give you enough control to restrict the agent injection to satisfy your requirement. I don't know if this would work in your architecture, something to consider.

Hi Joseph.

As you said, handling this issue through manual injection is too cumbersome as a temporary fix for this issue, but your second suggestion is quite interesting. I think I have to check it up with development team, but maybe I could find a pattern for those pages without iframes inside.

Thanks for your idea.