cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a way to disconnect the dynatrace java agent without restarting the JVM ?

arpita_gupta1
Inactive

6 REPLIES 6

adam_gardner
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

No, you have to remove the agentpath param string.

Thank you for your email. I’m out of the office and will be back at 05-01-2015. During this period I will have LIMITED access to my email. If you need immediate assistance during my absence, please contact Bahr, Ekkart for .NET applications topics at (ekkart.bahr@siemens.com) or Marcus Zapf for Java applications topics at (marcus.zapf@siemens.com) Otherwise I will respond to your emails as soon as possible upon my return.
Other topics please contact Marco Delgado at (marco.delgado@siemens.com)

c_schwarzbauer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

depends on what you mean with "disconnect". you can set agents to inactive by turning off "capture events" in the agent mapping, so they will stop capturing and sending data. they will however remain in the JVM and also keep the network connection to the dynatrace server, so you could eventually activate them again.

if you really want to remove the agent from the JVM then - as Adam said - there's no way around restarting it.

HTH, Christian

kagoun
Newcomer

You can restart the collector, agents will be disconnected and they can reconnect on the profile after then.

We use this method to switch from one profile to another.

This is not true. What is happening in this case is that the connection between the collector and the server is re-established. Since the monitored processes are not recycled then the bytecode is not reloaded or changed in any way. This would not work to remove an agent which is what the OP asked.

It's just my trick to switch between two profile for two different systems without restarting JVMs...