cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a way to obtain the "Messages Current" metric from a Weblogic agent?

davisont
Guide

Hello,

I have three message topics that I can see in the Messaging report coming from Weblogic 12. Is there a Metric I can use that would be the same as the "Messages Current" metric that I can obtain from the Weblogic plugin? We are trying to obtain this metric to create an alert when it reaches 100. However, we are hoping we can do this without the need to configure a plugin.

I've created a BT filtered on the Messaging Count Metric and Aggregate set to Last for each topic, but, I am not sure if this would provide me the same count as what the "Messages Current" count would.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

srikar_mohan333
Inactive

Hi Tom, looking at the docs http://docs.oracle.com/html/E24401_02/pagehelp/JMS... you could create a JMX measure from dynatrace and subscribe to the 'Message Current' metric (as long as its enabled in weblogic). Per below screenshot - when you select 'create measure' - under Weblogic 9+ - select Custom JMX - then select Browse, pick an agent which is deployed on weblogic - and search for 'Message Current'...hope this helps, let us know if this is what you are looking for.

davisont
Guide

Thank you very much, This has really helped me out tremendously. I was able to locate the Message Current metric and have created a Measure based on it. Dammit, I would of rewarded you all my reward points, but I just found out I have none.

Thanks again,

Tom

Awesome! 🙂