cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a way to put a measure on part of the transaction flow? I want to be able to alert and report on the IIS response time in my attached picture.

heard_ryan
Participant
3 REPLIES 3

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Ryan H,

Based on your goal here, i believe there is a measure showing response time in the mouse over menus that should give you the response time. not exactly what your looking for, but i believe the out of the box configuration would provide you that information.

Your other option is to create a custom dashboard with both a transaction flow dashlet and a chart/other dashlet that would best visualize your IIS response time. Then take those two dashlets and arrange them as needed. Be sure to take advantage on the mouse over menus, such as focus on passing transactions etc. You could also create a BT to use as a filter to show only requests hitting your IIS.

So in short, the mouse over option or the custom dashboard with a transaction flow and a measure chart would be the best bet in this scenario. I believe Dynatrace 6.5 has enhancements for the actual transaction flow, which may be able to satisfy your request here. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. I would really like the ability to monitor, alert and report on IIS slow downs. I have found the ability to select multiple purepaths and get some information using the details in the mouse over. I'd like to build an alert if I see my application spending X amount of time in IIS. In order to do that I need to create a measure that I can add to an incident rule. That is the piece that I am struggling with.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I would suggest you experiment with creating a "Tier Subpaths/Time Web Server" measure. By default it will be created with splits by Application and Agent.

You could use it in conjunction with a BT, if needed, or use the measure as is for trending of time in the IIS server.

HTH,

dave