cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there a way to specify the timestamp for a set of values pulled in by a Monitor?

kasey_castanier
Contributor

One of the application groups here has a csv file, the data from which they would like to pull into Dynatrace as chartable measures. Each line is a set of values, starting with a timestamp.

They would like to have the monitor read through the csv and create a time-series measure entry in Dynatrace for each of the values at the time specified by that csv-line's timestamp.

Is this possible with the current Monitor API? I am not seeing anything that makes me believe that it is, but I figured I may have missed something. Safer to ask.

Thank you in advance for all of your help!

- Kasey C.

2 REPLIES 2

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Kasey,

My thought here is that picking up a csv file and creating dynamic measures from it is doable for any numeric values, but I do not think there is any way to set a timestamp for the measure based on input data. You could run the monitor every X seconds/minutes/hours and pick up the latest measures, but cannot pick up all the measures and set the time based on the csv input timestamp.

HTH,

dave

Correct. The timestamp right now is ALWAYS the timestamp on when the monitor plugin is executed.