cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any dynatrace API to automate all the agent configuration?

uday_pethakamse
Inactive

As of now, i am configuring the .Net agents manually. The constraint for doing automation is that the w3wp.exe processes for the .Net application are visible only after starting that particular application. If the dynatrace API is present, i can blindly configure all the agents. @anil perera @Andreas Grabner

5 REPLIES 5

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Have you seen our Powershell scripts for automated deployments? https://github.com/Dynatrace/Dynatrace-Powershell

chris_geebelen
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Andy,

Do we have the same scripts for Linux? Customer does not have puppet, chef or ansible.

Chris

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

What do they use right now to distribute their apps? I assume some sort of shell script? You can automate agent installation by simply running the agent installer from a shell script. then you just need to add the -agentpath to your java startup script. that should be fairly easy to do on Linux

uday_pethakamse
Inactive

we are using saltstack for orchestration. I saw the powershell scripts. I will try to implement them for our environment. we use AWS cloud.

martin_et2
Inactive

The following article sums up pretty well what we integrate with right now: Kick-Start Continuous Monitoring with Chef, Ansible and Puppet. Currently, we do not offer an integration for Salt. Please let us know if you come up with a solution. Thanks!