cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Is there any possible way in dynatrace to get page title?

gaur_bharti
Guide

Hi,

I wanted to know that is there any possible way by which we can get the page titles in dynatrace.

Our requirement is to get all the page titles and track the one which doesn't have page title in it.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Bharti

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Bharti,

I am not sure exactly but correct me if am wrong that you are looking for the transaction pages name.

We are capturing the pages name through custom sensor argument values.

Regards,

Babar

rick_boyd
Mentor

Hi Bharti,

The "Page Actions - Name" measure type, which can be used as a splitting in a business transaction, has multiple different configurations, including capturing the Page Title of either the source page or the target page of any given action. Hope that helps!

Rick B

gaur_bharti
Guide

Thanks @Babar Q. and @Rick B. for your reply.

I tried to create a measure "Page Action - Name" and kept Action Name "data-dtName" but while adding this measure to Business transaction (as a split) I am not getting this measure in the list. I tried to chart this measure even their also I am not getting this measure.

Let me give an example what I am trying to get.

Suppose any page's title is <title>This is my web page </title>

I am trying to capture this title in measure or business transaction so that I can track all page's title and capture the one which don't have page title in it.

Thanks

Bharti

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi

Can you export such a Dynatrace Visit that opened a couple of Pages. We can then have a look at it and see whether a) page titles are currently correctly captured and b) can show you how to define a User Action based BT that dlivers what you want

Andi

gaur_bharti
Guide

@Andreas G. Thanks for your concern,

I had created a BT which is calculating BT per User Action, I have added a measure in Results and Splitting which is checking for pages with no page title/blank page title. I have used simple regex for that, please find the attached snapshot for reference.

I am getting application name and corresponding URI to that but problem is it is also reporting the pages which already has page title in it.

splitting-measure.png