cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to change the evaluation timeframe of built-in incident?

When I edit the incident rule of built-in incident, the evaluation timeframe is 10s and grey out (so can't be change). How can I change it?

Customer afraid that 10s is too short and their mailbox can get spammed easily, I know I can use the assign incident or confirm incident to workaround this concern of alert mail too spammy, but the customer just insisted that the Dynatrace should have had this disable, there should be a way to change the evaluation timeframe of built-in incident. Since he finds that most of them are useful and want to use them (instead of disable or suppress), it would be a hassle for him to recreate all the same incidents from scratch again just to enable him to use timeframe other than 10s.

Is the request by him do-able? or not?

1 REPLY 1

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Wai,

I am sure that there isn't any straightforward way to change the evaluation period of built-in incidents unless something needs to be modify in the configuration files, debug flag etc... which can be address by developers or any other guru who already played around default settings.

I guess the best way is to create your own incidents where you can have more flexibilities and control on them.

Regards,

Babar