cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to drill down to the detail of Asynchronous Invocation calls?

na_li
Inactive

Hi,

I knew that DT system can recognize the Asynchronous invocation calls. And the purepath tree will record it as asyn call. But is there any way to drill down what happened in this "asynchronous invocation calls"? Of cause the both server installed agent now.

Thanks,

Na

5 REPLIES 5

jcamps
Advisor

Hi Na,

If I'm not wrong, by default, without do nothing, in the same pure path who starts the asynchronous calls you will see all the nodes in these calls.

Regards,

Hi Josep

Thanks for you reply.

You can see this Asynchronous invocation in this purepath tree.

Is there more details can be seen?

Thanks,

Na

jcamps
Advisor

Hi Na,

all details are show in the pure path, for example, if you put a custom sensor in a method behind the receive() you will see that method in the pure path.

Dynatrace correlates the async call in one unique, end to end, pure path with all details.

Regards!

graeme_william1
Inactive

Na (& Josep),

JMS is a special case that sometimes requires an extra bit of work to see the processing after the receive call. The custom sensor that's required is documented here:

JMS Receive Entry Point Sensor

Note that the custom sensor is added to the JMS Receive Entry Point sensor pack which is defined at the server level. In this case, you don't add the custom sensor(s) to a sensor pack in the system profile.

-- Graeme

Hi Graeme!

I did not know it because I always worked receiving the message by onMessage.

Good to know!

Regards, Josep Maria