cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to filter out purepaths with no host and uri information?

Hi guys,

thousands of purepaths are recorded in DT of my customer with no utility only taking storage space. It seems that are generated by a load balancer and are null purepaths

I,m trying to figure out any way to filter them out but there is no information about host, uri, etc.

Follow the images of web request details.

tnx

Reginaldo

5 REPLIES 5

tthat
Inactive

Hi,

You can exclude this kind of purepath by going to sensor configuration and add it in URI filter.

The Problem here is that there is no URI to add to the sensor config as the PurePaths are created without a URI.

Yes, Patrick! This is the problem! There is no information about URI to be used to filter them out. Good for me, if had the possibility to filter out by Source IP Address. In this case, the load balancer is generating these PP.

I can't think of a way to filter those PurePath out though, if there are no answers here maybe open a support case so they can take a closer look at it, why the purepath are even created if there isn't any relevant information.

Hi

the best way is to configure the load balancer to send a unique URL which can then be excluded. In the past I have used query strings to do the trick: /index.html?LB=yes.

You usually see this problem when the LB doesn't send a proper HTTP request to your web server.

Regards

Flo