cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to terminate idle session of the appmon user?

rajdeepan03
Contributor

Is there any way to terminate idle session of the appmon user?

10 REPLIES 10

Hello,

please look at this link:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/admin...

You can set after what time of inactivity visit will end. You can't force it individually.

Regards,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the details but I am not looking from the real user perspective and I need to know about the user who access the appmon client because most of the users while accessing the appmon client left it idle thereby resulting in load to the server so is there any way to kill the idle session of AppMon Client users.

Thanks and regards,

Deepan

Ok my bad, I've didn't noticed that you are talking about appmon user. Actually there is no option for ending such sessions. But if you have many users, maybe you should consider web dashboards? The main problem with appmon client users is when somebody has autorefresh option turned on with multiple open dashlets. How many users you have that you expirience performance issues because of that?

Regards,

Sebastian

Thanks Sabastian,

On and avg, we have +- 100 active users, out of which there are chances that 50% will be accessing for just monitoring purpose, and the remaining 50% are excessively using many dashboards.

Over the period we have experienced many time RTA issues, loss purepath data, which are great losses. So for which we wanted to know if we could kill the inactive users, to keep the monitoring up and active always.

Also, if you could tell from above which half users, could be more impacting the DT Database, the total active users or the half who excessively using many dashboards.

Regards,

Deepan

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry by mistake added my query in answer section. Could you please have a look on my query.

Thanks and regards,

Deepan

rajdeepan03
Contributor

Thanks Sabastian,

On and avg, we have +- 100 active users, out of which there are chances that 50% will be accessing for just monitoring purpose, and the remaining 50% are excessively using many dashboards.

Over the period we have experienced many time RTA issues, loss purepath data, which are great losses. So for which we wanted to know if we could kill the inactive users, to keep the monitoring up and active always.

Also, if you could tell from above which half users, could be more impacting the DT Database, the total active users or the half who excessively using many dashboards.

Regards,

Deepan

Dashboards mostly are made based on metrics from performance werehouse. So this users are affecting database. 100 of users shouldn’t be a problem. It can be problem if they have opened multiple dashboards with auto refresh and huge timeframe.

Those who are using monitoring features may be using purepaths. If they are making multiple searches in app on they can use huge amount of static files where Dynatrace is storing transaction data. If there is to small limit of opened files on your storage, this + regular traffic from incoming data may affect purepaths looses.

Generally it may not be problem with users but with scaling and configuration of your environment. Did you check Dynatrace logs from time where purepaths were truncated?

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the response!

Team is doing the work around and do you have any suggestion regarding this.

Thanks and regards,

Deepan

Generally you have to check logs from time when purepaths were truncated. This is first step to prepare solution 🙂

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you very much for the help 🙂

With best regards,

Deepan