cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

JAVA Agent not showing Host metrics on AIX 6.1 Server

chandu_k_pedda1
Newcomer

JAVA Agent is not showing up host metrics, it shows the host is healthy with everything green but not populating the charts under infrastructure. It even shows the disk used percentages but not the disk I/O statistics.

AIX - 6100-07-06-1241

Java - IBM 1.6.0

Agent version - 6.3.9.1009

6 REPLIES 6

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Is there any log information in the agent log that would indicate an issue capturing this data?

harald_berger
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

Please look in the agent log for hanging mounts. If agent get locked for more than 5 sec to send data, then this error will be reported. This usually means NFS mounts at the agent host are hanging thus fail collect metrics.

warning [native] Unable to acquire mutex for updating inclusion/exclusion rules - collecting host metrics taking long or hanging?

Best

Harry

Hi Harald, I am facing the same issue. And there is production issue! Could you kindly help urgently. What to do to resolve this?

Best Regards, Rajesh

Hello there, I am facing the same issue and in agent logs I am getting below warning error:

warning [native] Unable to acquire mutex for updating inclusion/exclusion rules - collecting host metrics taking long or hanging?

What is the resolution? @Andreas G. @Babar Q. @James K.

Pl help.

Hello, This issue, in my case, was due the NFS mount point getting disabled or Hanging NFS mount. Due to which the Agent tried to poll the host metric infinitely.

And the Fix pack applicable for the issue is 6.5.24.1006.

Regards, Rajesh.

Hello @Rajesh S.

Was the issue fixed only with the fix pack or something was done by the infrastructure team?

We recently encountered to the same issue in the pre-production environment and the AppMon version is 7.0.13.x

Regards,

Babar