cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBoss 7 XA Pool measures - Dynamic and Custom JMX

kylec
Contributor

Hi All,

So background, one of my clients has AppMon monitoring a JBoss 7 Application.
What they would like to do is have a Web Dashboard with some fundamental metrics around these.
One of those metrics would be XA Pool and Connection Usage.

Appmon appears to Dynamically collect those stats as we can find them by checking the history from the Databases dashlet in the client.
However we cannot seem to put these measures on a web dashboard.

I have tried to manually create custom JMX measures to collect the same data but ran into two issues from this.
The custom measures all seem to come back as 0 for every datapoint and since adding the measures the dynamically generated ones would no longer collect data either.

Is there a way we can get these dynamically generated measures on a web dashboard or is there another way to do it?

4 REPLIES 4

What about those built in measures?

They are available in JBOSS section of agent based measures. They should be as well available from WebDashboards.

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, I can't see your image at the moment so pardon my assumption that you're referencing the JBOSS 5/6 list of measures.
They are indeed available from the Web Dashboards, Unfortunately this application is running JBOSS 7 so those measures are not collecting any information.

We have been looking into the JBOSS 7 monitoring plugin for those addtional metrics but at the moment just seeing the XA Connection stats as dynamically generated in the Client would be enough

If it is like that I have no extra idea, sorry

Yeah unfortunately it is, thanks for the suggestion though 🙂