Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBoss FUSE instrumentation - agent injection

Valerio_Fiori
Dynatrace Organizer
Dynatrace Organizer

Hi all,

Have you ever had experience instrumenting JBoss Fuse? Along with a customer of mine, we were able to find a place to inject the agent, but I wanted to be sure that was the correct place, since Fuse has a very peculiar structure.

Currently we've placed the -agentpath string into the <Fuse_Home>\instances\
instance.properties
file, but if I'm not wrong this is an auto-generated file, and I don't know if applying a change to the configuration of the different Profiles/Containers, could overwrite the agent injection.

The application the customer would like to monitor, is running in a certain Container, so what is the correct to point to add another Java option only for that JVM, and that JVM only? Is it better to go via the web-interface, or editing the config files?

I've searched the forum and the documentation but I couldn't find a similar case.

Thanks in advance,

Valerio

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Valerio

Have you tried the JBoss FUSE forums to see where people suggest to add custom JVM parameters? I typically search for things like "Jboss FUSE custom jvm args". With this search I found the following doc page: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_... - there is a reference to admin:change-opts - I guess that would be a good "official" way to make config changes

Andi

Hi @Andreas G.

I am trying to explore the possibility of monitoring Jboss Fuse through Dynatrace OneAgent but in Dynatrace help page Jboss Fuse is now where mentioned in support stack.

Please let me know whether Dynatrace OneAgent support Jboss Fuse or not.

Thanks in advance.

Vikram