cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JBoss measures

emily_hao
Participant

I need to configure an Incident for JBoss instance in dynatrace. However I don't see :Server Side Monitoring -> Agent based Measures -> Jboss.

Is there a way to get those measures loaded?

11 REPLIES 11

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Emily,

From the same screen click on create measure and you will find the following measure.

Regards,

Babar

cool. Thanks. Got it.

chakravarthula_
Contributor

Hello Team,

I tried plotting the measures for the jboss application.But, I see blank data. Can someone help if there is something missing.

Thanks,

Prathyusha

chakravarthula_
Contributor

None of the Jboss measures shows data. Everything is blank when plotted. Can someone suggest if there are some configurations which needs to be re checked.

Thanks,

Prathyusha

Hello Prathyusha,

Which JBoss and AppMon versions do you have?

Which measures did you plotted on the charts?

Regards,

Babar

harald_berger
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

Please note that these pre-defined measure only deliver values for JBoss 5 and 6 community edition, and will not work with later versions like Wildfly 10 or JBoss EAP 6.x (which in fact is a JBoss 7.5.x)

Best

Harry

Hi Harry Does it works with JBoss 7?

mansoor_ahmed
Newcomer

Hi,

So, what is way forward to configure Wildfly 10 and JBoss EAP 6.x?

Regards,

Mansoor

Hello Mansoor,

You can create your own custom measures on top of it to use in the charts and also for incidents.

Regards,

Babar

Hi, Can anyone clarify, why there is no support for the JBoss7? I too see none of the JBoss5/6 measures getting fetched.

Regards, Rajesh.

harald_berger
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

RedHat decided to not expose JMX beans with JBoss 7 community edition anymore. JMX has been reintroduced with later versions again.

Best

Harry