cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Maximum SQL Command capture length

mevlut_soner
Contributor

Hi,

One of the our customer wants to know when if they raise the JDBC Maximum SQL Command capture length (default is 512), does it cause any visible performance problems ? I looked for in appmon documentation but i couldn't find any info or any max value about it.

Regards

Mevlüt

3 REPLIES 3

You've posted it into wrong forum. This is for Dynatrace. To increase this value you have to do:

Go to System Profile => Agent Group of your choice => Sensor Configuration => JDBC/ADO.NET and change this setting.

Sebastian

Thank you for your warning, i fixed it. But i think you understand me wrong, i don't ask how to increase this value. I wonder if i raise the this value, does it cause any visible performance problems ?

My bad, in general for application itself should be visible any overhead. You will see it the most in amount of data that are stored in Appmon. Queries are executed multiple times if you will disable aggregation for example and increase size of catched SQL you will have much more data collected, so retention will be worse.

We are doing it mostly on test enviornments. On production we are trying to do as small configuration as possible.

Sebastian