cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMX Enhanced Monitor Plugin | Metrics received (logs) but no measures avaiable for charting

stephan_dannew1
Inactive

Hello together,

as mentioned in the title I try to use the JMX Enhanced Monitor Plugin (https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DL/JMX+Enhanced+Monitor+Plugin) for AppMon 7.1 to receive metrics via JMX from an ActiveMQ.

I can connect to the ActiveMQ via JMX and I'm able to run the task, to create the available metrics group and I'm able to run the monitor.

The monitor returns a success state and because I set the log for the plugin on "finer" I can see that metrics are polled.

2019-07-12 08:40:51 UTC FINER [JMXMonitor@New JMX Enhanced Monitor Plugin_0] Entering getMGName method
2019-07-12 08:40:51 UTC FINER [JMXMonitor@New JMX Enhanced Monitor Plugin_0] Entering populateMeasure method: metric group name is '192.168.192.94.1099.org.apache.activemq.type.Broker.brokerName.localhost', metric name is '192.168.192.94.1099.org.apache.activemq.type.Broker.brokerName.localhost.MemoryLimit', value = 6.68309914E8
2019-07-12 08:40:51 UTC FINER [JMXMonitor@New JMX Enhanced Monitor Plugin_0] Entering buildMeasure method

The problem is, I can't see any metrics in the chart. I always get "No measurements avaialbe for the selected timeframe".

I added some screenshots as well. Please let me know if you have any ideas or if you can suggest an alternative plugin.

Kind regards,

Stephan

1 REPLY 1

Did you succeed with this plugin? There are sources available so I think it's worth to make some reverse engeneering. This plugin was written 4 years ago so it's possible that there is issue with current appmon version.

Sebastian