cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

JVM availability matrix

amitkumar_fulam
Newcomer

Hi there,

I have just join the community and I am still learning this tool. Can someone suggest, what series I should add in the chart dashlet to show the availability history of the JVMs hosted on Solaris and Linux boxes? I want to show when the JVMs was completely down and may have caused the downtime to the application.

Do I need to set up any synthetic monitoring? If yes, what is it?

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Is this question really for Dynatrace as the forum it was posted in indicates or is this for AppMon as it sounds like?

If it is for AppMon there's not a good option for getting any sort of uptime/percent availability metric using data from the agents as since they are injected into the runtime they will only be up when the application is up. For this reason I prefer to use URL monitors where you enter in a page to check that indicates everything is up and the monitor returns metrics for uptime and availability.

I'd review those and see if it can get what you need:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/infra...

James

amitkumar_fulam
Newcomer

Thanks James. I was looking for a option wherein I can capture the parameters from JVM like memory utilization or something like that we can tell me my JVM is up instead of setting a web check. Not all my JVMs has the web check possible or will have to put lot of efforts to implement going thru the release process.

Any other options? I will review the page you suggested.

Thank,

Amit