cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Agents Upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0

karthikayini_mu
Inactive

Hi Team,

I have upgraded the Dynatrace from 6.3 to 7.0 recently. I want to upgrade the agents as well.

The agent version in one tab got upgraded to 7.0 automatically. (Highlighted in Green)

Should the bootstrap version needs to be upgraded manually in the agent path.(Highlighted in Red)

I need the steps for upgrading the boot strap agent as well.

The agent paths are as below.

The JVM srart up parameters
ContextFactory -agentpath:/u01/app/dynatrace/dynatrace-6.1.0/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name=WeblogicAS_TFPRD,server=ICS106061046 .ics-eu-2.asml.com:9998

5 REPLIES 5

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Karthikiyani,

You will have to install the new agents to upgrade the bootstrap.

This below link described how to upgrade your bootstrap agents to the newest version.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

It is necessary to upgrade the bootstrap version if things are working fine with the current version.

Dynatrace server version - 7.0

Agent Version - 7.0 (upgraded automatically after application restart)

Bootstrap version 6.1

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M

Please find the attachment

Hello Karthikiyani,

It is not necessary on this time to upgrade the bootstrap agents because minimum 5.6 agent version is still supported.

Below information is about the Agent-Collector Compatibility.

• Agents need to have the same or lower version (eg. 6.5, 7.0, ..) than the Collector. Compatibility is guaranteed for Agents of supported versions, but typically also true for all Agent versions greater than 5.6.
  • Bootstrapped Agents are upgraded automatically upon restart of the monitored application up to the version of their Collector. Therefore, upgrade first the Server, then Collectors and last the Agents.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your comments.

It is helpful for me at this point for confirming and go ahead with my plans.

Thanks & regards

Karthikayini M