cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Java Heap Space Problem - Out Of Memory

pallavi_valsang
Participant

Hi,

I am facing Java Heap Space Problem when trying to drill down to visits from particular business transaction (Please find attached screenshot ClientHeapSpaceProblem.png). First I tried to load a month data but when further reduced the timeframe I found that this issue exists only for Yesterday's data. That means we are facing this issue only when we try to drill down to Yesterday's visits from a business transaction. We got an Out Of Memory on agent(java heap space) incident as well for the same under the dynatrace Self-Monitoring Profile. Please find the attached screenshots.

Please provide a solution for the same.

Thanks,

Pallavi

3 REPLIES 3

amitkumar
Inactive

Is your client on windows? if yes can you start Windows task manager simultaneously and see what happens to your systems memory when you try to drill down pure path on client ?

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Looking at your screenshots I think you should open a support ticket. the heap space error happens on your dynatrace server. Our team should look into your server logs and server settings. maybe your server is undersized which causes it to run into java heap space issues when processing too much data

Andi

Java Heap space can be configured in the JVM parameters -Xmx and -XX:MAXPermSize. although there might be plenty of physical memory available. This could be caused by Spikes in usage or a memory leak.