cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java agent configuration for weblogic server in linux

sponnada2
Organizer

We have instrumented the dynatrace on weblogic server of linux platform.We have passed the jvm parameter and restarted the server.but we are not able to see any agent.I have attached the log files.Please check and suggest the solution.dt-unnamed-bootstrap-311290.logdt-unnamed-311290.log

6 REPLIES 6

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

The log files indicate they are trying to connect to an collector running locally, is that correct or do you need to update the server address to the correct one?

2018-03-14 14:40:29 [cf14c897] warning [native] Unable to register with Server/Collector localhost:9998

James

thanks James

Please tell me where can i update the server address?

I have corrected my post, I meant collector but it still applies. You'll need to supply the correct collector address or name in the server or collector parameter (they both will work and refer to the collector) in your agentpath. All the info should be here, I recommend reviewing it:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/set-up-agents/java-agent-configuration/

<code>-agentpath:C:\Program Files\dynaTrace\dynaTrace 7.0\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll=name=Java_mySystemProfile,collector=localhost

Shyamala, Just to clarify James's post: Your -agentpath string will likely look slightly different, but the important parameter is the "Collector" parameter. It needs to specify the hostname of where an AppMon Collector (or the AppMon Server) is running.

HI Joseph,

Since it is java, i have passed the below JVM argument.

-agentpath:/opt/dynatrace-7.0/agent/lib64/libdtagent.so=name= app_Web,server= dtqacollector05:9996

Please correct me if i have pass anything wrong here

Shyamala, Everything looks good except the port on the end. The default port is 9998, so unless you've explicitly changed the port that the collector is listening upon, simply remove the ":9996" and let the agent use default values. (or change it to 9998).