cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jde and Appmon monitoring

antonio_villarr
Advisor

Hi,

We are currently working with a big prospect to identify business transactions from Oracle JdEdwards. We are doing the identification by analizing the user actions (action, page title, formoid). Customer asked us why Appmon cannot get transaction data from the requests (the exception is the login, where we can obtain the username). Anybody know the reason why all transaction data in this ERP is not obtained by Appmon. It is because it travels through the propietary JDENet protocol, even though users access the application with a browser?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio V.

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
Leader

Could you clarify what you mean by "transaction data"? You can't access payload data with appmon, but you can get the data from request data (URI, Query Parameter, Header,...) or in the backend from e.g. method calls.

rick_boyd
Mentor

Hi Antonio V.

I worked with a customer to isntrument the JDE app in their SOA environment with WebLogic and an AS400/iseries backend. Most of the data can be obtained by both SQL bind values, and custom method return values and entry points. From these values captured, you can then create BTs with multiple splits to container userid;appID;formoid;datastructure;...I can't post the entire set of documentation on this page because there is too much. Pease email me, and I will set you up with everything I have documented: eric.eiswerth@dynatrace.com.

BTW, most of these sensors will also work for Dynatrace SaaS/Managed, but some of the BTs might not.

-Eric Eiswerth

antonio_villarr
Advisor

Hi,

Thank you very much. I will email you with the some dts I have collected.

Kind regards,

Antonio V.

antonio_villarr
Advisor

Hi,

Just to let you know that a few weeks ago (around 2-3 weeks) we have detected and confirmed that the javascript agent is modifying some parts of the interface of the E1 application, so far the home page and the View Jobs funtionality (left panel). We have a support case open with this.

Kind regards,

Antonio V.