cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jenkins Test automation is not displaying results

sumit_nagal
Newcomer

I am using the test edition and abe to success fully post data to dynatrace, and retrieve from jenkins. after few builds I am not able to fetch data in jenkins, though test has been recorded as well as visible in dynatrace.

Via retriving the results via curl I am getting no results, but dyntrace is showing it in test result ( example of curl call)

curl -u admin:**** https://hostname/rest/management/profiles/Test/testruns/9d60ac99-ffb3-4151-88fb-774b993a4257 --insecure

in jenkins I am getting below , how to troubleshoot this as I am able to send and fetch data via normal curl commands. I am passing below header

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px '.SF NS Text'}

NA=UPDATE;SN=Runner;TE=55;TR=9974f1f9-4424-46db-91af-a66d83114b9a;RC=200

I wanted to know why dynatrace is not giving right response to jenkins, when it has right data? what is going wrong here ? is there any specific port jenkins will talk to dynatrace for fetch, and transaction call it is making.

Dynatrace AppMon Plugin - build tear down...
Sleeping for the configured delay of 10 seconds before retrieving test run data from Dynatrace Server...
Connecting to Dynatrace Server REST interface... (ID=ec02b204-50a3-4d11-8471-c8362797460f)
Sleeping for the configured delay of 10 seconds before retrieving test run data from Dynatrace Server... re-try 1 out of 3
Connecting to Dynatrace Server REST interface... (ID=ec02b204-50a3-4d11-8471-c8362797460f)
Sleeping for the configured delay of 10 seconds before retrieving test run data from Dynatrace Server... re-try 2 out of 3
Sleeping for the configured delay of 10 seconds before retrieving test run data from Dynatrace Server... re-try 3 out of 3
Report summary: {Failed=0, Degraded=0, Volatile=0, Improved=0, Passed=0}.
4 REPLIES 4

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi

I ran into a similar problem on a recent demo I did. My problem was that I was still using the Embedded Performance Warehouse which is a non-recommended database. Just wanted to point this out. I checked with our engineering team and they told me that the embedded warehouse is not able to handle large sets of Test Automation Results. During our "clean up" task that runs once per night we have seen cases where this database simply runs into issues -> this is also the reason why we ask customers to use a REAL database for the PWH

In case you still use the embedded warehouse make sure to connect to a real PWH database.

If you do have a regular PWH then I suggest to open a support ticket

Andi

Enrico_F
Pro

We're having exactly the same issue. Curiously, did you make any progress?

EDIT: We could track it down to a timing issue when retrieving the test results. In our case it took significantly longer than 30 seconds in order for the test results to be available on the AppMon server. Therefore one workaround would be to increase the default delay time and/or number of retries for the Jenkins plugin. AFAIK this should be possible via modification of plugin's advanced config in Jenkins but to confirm I'm awaiting feedback from our Jenkins admin.

Did you ever resolve this issue? If so, how?

Yes, we had to increase the delay from 10 to 180 seconds in the Jenkins plugin.