cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

License exhausted; Too many '.NET WOSIs' connected

I am getting ""License exhausted; Too many '.NET WOSIs' connected" for few agents in one server.And not getting this error for other agent connected to the same server.

Why are we getting like this and how to fix ?

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Suganya,

Because you have connected more .NET agents than the licenses you have.

Check your license status from the Settings > dynatrace server > License?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar ,

I have 12 .NET WSOI's instances mapped to my system profile and i could see only 12 servers were connected.

If license is exhausted , should i not be getting it for all the agents that is connected to a particular server.In my case i have 16 agents connected to that server and i am getting license exhausted only for 2.

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi,

"WOSI" means "Windows Operating System Instance" (or something similar). One Windows server will consume one .NET license, so if you have two agents on one machine, they will only consume 1 license. Best regards,

Peter

Why would for few agents in a single WOSI instance , we are getting license exhausted .

It's a bit strange , it happened after restarting the agents and before it seemed to work fine.

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

You probably should open a support ticket for this, but could there be a mix of web server and .NET agents involved?

developmenttool
Participant

Hi Peter , i have a raised a support ticket for this and it involves only .NET agent and not webserer.

Thanks for the help !

roland_dollansk
Newcomer

@Suganya N. I found out now:

The WOSI license does NOT include or work for IIS instances on a WOSI !

Example 3 Windows Server with IIS installed and monitored

So count

3 x 1 (license factor) = 3 (for each Windows server)

+ 3 x 0,6 (licence factor) = 1.8 license points (for each IIS instance on 1 server)

= 4.8

=> so you need at least 5 licenses