cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing of mobile agent in AppMon

Typically, what would be?

How would the agent units licensed/counted?

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I believe this just falls under UEM licensing so it would work in the same way as browser based UEM where visits from a UEM license are consumed. I don't think there is anything special about mobile monitoring once set up but someone can correct me if I am mistaken.

James

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

A Mobile browser is just a browser, from a licensing perspective, and therefore consumes visits per session just like a desktop browser.

A native mobile app also consumes visits in the same way and decrements your UEM visit quota in the same manner.

Okay, so I don't need to top-up any Java agent or any other kind of Agent for existing AppMon license right?

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

James is correct: Native Mobile visits are just like Browser Visits from a UEM consumption perspective. Same longevity rules apply.

Wai: No need to extend Java agents, however if you have a WebServer tier in front of Java, such as Apache, you might need to look at getting WebServer agents for those Apache tiers. The frontend tier (Apache or Java or ??) needs to be in place to process the incoming beacon messages from the native mobile instrumentation events during runtime.

Thanks all, appreciate all your inputs!

Okay, I think I need to contact the sales manager of this customer to discuss about the top up of UEM volume then.