cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life cycle of DtCookie

service_apms
Organizer

Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with one of my clients.

The issue is that the UEM was enabled on one of the system profiles which caused a http 406 problem accessing one of the applications.

We understood that the issue came from the fact that Dtcookie contains the character "|"

We disable the UEM but the dtcookie is still generated.
What is the lifecycle of the dtcookie?

Did anyone experience the same thing before.
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

jacob_pankey
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hello,

In my experience, dtCookie stops appearing when I start a new session within a couple minutes after I turn off UEM for the application. I can think of two reasons why the cookie might continue to appear on your page. First, I would validate that you are making changes to the correct application. You can validate the application by using your IP address to find the PurePaths your session generated and see which application those PurePaths belong to. Second, I would check to see if the cookie is cached somewhere in your environment.

Regards,

Jake

Sometimes part of requests related to monitored application is in default one or in some other because of overlapping rules, check it and I think you will find this. As Jacob mentioned check all purepaths/web requests assigned to other applications that has UEM enabled and checkif there are any issues.

Sebastian