cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoadRunner Script Converter Standalone Tool

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Does a standalone LoadRunner patching tool exist to convert LR scripts without accessing the AppMon Client? My customer is using an offshore team to write LR scripts that need to have the Dynatrace headers. The offshore team is not interested in learning how to navigate the AppMon client, but needs a way to patch the scripts with a lightweight standalone tool. If there is no standalone tool to do this, I will use the webstart client.

Thanks,

Eric

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Eric,

So You are looking for some automated way to add dynatrace headers into the LoadRunner performance testing Scripts on web requests?

Regards, Rajesh

HI Rajesh,

Yes, they need an automated way to add the headers into LoadRunner testing scripts against a web-based app, preferably without accessing the Dynatrace client. Are you aware of a standalone LoadRunner patching tool?

Thanks,

Eric

aftab_alam
Organizer

Hi Eric,

you can use client to convert one sample script. update script will have a function written in header.h and it will be included in action.c. this function is called to add x-dynatrace header. if team is comfortable using loadrunner functions( web_add_header) http://www.loadrunnerz.com/2015/01/webaddheader-an.... they can add X-dynatrace header manually as well.

ps: I am not sure why offshore team will not learn dynatrace and do it using few easy steps.

eric_eiswerth
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

HI All

Yes, in the end, the offshore team was allowed to use the Dynatrace client to add the dynatrace headers. It required minimal training effort, and the scripts worked flawlessly.

Thank you for the suggestions,

Eric