cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Dynatrace Server Memory: High GC detected on server

Hi Team,

I have upgraded from 7.0 to 7.2. But since then we are getting Low Dynatrace server memory: High GC detected on Server.

We have 74G of memory allocated and using Xlarge64 memory setting but still getting this error.

Also due to this our queue saturation is 100% and early discarding is also happening. Not sure what could be the issue.

I have tried to restrict Purepath capturing for 50% for some of the agents but doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone help me with this.

5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Are you using classic or Appmon agents?

Collectors are external or internal?

How many agents are connected?

Sebastian

We are using Classic Agent. Collectors are external but in Same DC. 750 Agents are connected.

To check what is root cause of resources consumption I think it will be better to open support ticket. But what I can tell you is that Appmon agents are better for collector and server performance because they are using rest interface not tcp and data doesn’t has to be processed on collector side.

First check server logs about some warnings or potential issues that may be reason of it. As I understand storage and DT server has the same parameters as before?

Regards,

Sebastian

christian_wegha
Advisor

Did you check already system requirements?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

christian_wegha
Advisor

A look into Measure & Server health could also help.